miércoles, 15 de agosto de 2012

To Kill A Mockingbird - Part One Essay


Last week, we spent all the classes in writing a formal essay about the first part of this novel. There were many topics you could've chosen, but the one that I liked the most was "
What impact does setting have on your understanding of the central ideas or themes presented in Harper Lee's "To Kill a Mockingbird"?" With this question, I formulated my thesis: "To Kill a Mockingbird is some sort of literary autobiography". I included aspects like the father being a lawyer, the racism trials, the great depression, etc., and many quotes for building on my essay. Next week we have another test, but now from the whole novel.

I think this types of test are great, because they promote the students to think a little bit, and really understand what's the book about.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario