viernes, 19 de abril de 2013

ESU National Public Speaking Competition: "Ideas are our greatest weapons"


It was my first time delivering a speech, and it was for the ESU competition! I have to admit that I was really nervous, as I supposed I would have to face really great speakers, and actually that's what happened. In this fantastic opportunity that the English Department gave to me, I was accompanied by my friend Rodrigo Jeria, and by the teacher Mr. Sam Carey. The overall topic of the competition was "Ideas are our greatest weapons", and I decided to focus it on educational problems, while Mr. Jeria spoke about Gandhi's peaceful revolution. This event was held in the Universidad de los Andes, which by the way, has got a really great infrastructure and really nice and kind people. I think that, even if we didn't classified as one of the 2 best of our heat, it was a great opportunity to practise and improve verbal skills. As a matter of fact, I'd say that both of our speeches had a huge improvement since the moment we started writing and practising them. 

So, just to finish, I'm simply grateful of the opportunity that the English Department gave me for having a really great day with Mr. Carey and Mr. Jeria and all the other contestants, specially the V Region ones, who we traveled with. 
I hope the best for the students that will go next year!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario